Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Who needs flowers when you can get rocks?

A few weeks ago I was not quite feeling up to par (well, I am enormously pregnant!)so Chris took the kids out for a little hike. Lorenzo asked if I was going and I told him I needed to stay home because I wasn't feeling good. So, they head out and go on their trek with dad. A while later I hear the door open and little footsteps running fast towards our bedroom. Lorenzo and Bradly both have their hands behind their backs (surprises are the big thing these days) and all of a sudden a bunch of rocks are thrown in my face. "ta da, mom these are for you to feel better!" It was so precious. They had "picked" a bunch of rocks for me cause I was sick. Well, a few weeks pass and we are in Utah visiting family. Lorenzo had gone to help my little sister, Markki, clean her room. Soon I hear him running upstairs full speed. He comes to see me with his hands behind his back and says he has something to make me feel better- I'm thinking maybe he found some chocolate and knows that that always makes me happy...- but, he whips his hands out and shows me the rocks he found downstairs! Of course, I felt better. Whether sick or not, rocks are the symbol of brightening ones day around here. And really, it doesn't matter what it is, but seeing how excited a little one is to bring you something, well, you can't help but feel better. Who needs flowers?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, WAY cute story! :)

-Bri