Friday, June 27, 2008

a camping we will go

So, we finally were able to get away (for like 24 hours) and go camping. Perfect weather, seeing how Washington is stuck in the month of March... We headed our herd over to the Sol Duc Campground (which is pronounced, Sole Duck- for anyone wanting to sound native- thanks Johnsrud).

The kids loved the Sol Duc Hot Springs. Seriously, how could you not? Your choice of four different pools all at varying temperatures. It was great fun. And, of course, the smores- which Brads just liked the idea of all you can eat chocolate-, getting to sleep in a tent, having a fire outside, running around the moss covered trees, going hiking with their own backpacks. They were definitely loving the idea of camping.

Chris is not a real manly man, for anyone who knows him well :). So, he truly loves putting up a tent, building a fire, making breakfast outside, and, of course, anytime he can use his fanny-pack! All these help him bask in his manhood.

I, being the pregnant whale that I am, sleep soooo good when in the cool, night air. I absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I am also a little too much of a mom when it comes to making sure that the kids are not freezing to death while sleeping in a tent... so, as much as I love camping, I didn't seem to get a whole lot of sleep!

And, to top it all off, we ran into a few Russian women staying at the campground. It was neat to chat it up with them for a bit. Mostly, all we came away with is how extrememly expensive it is to live in Moscow. If I counted correctly, and I'd like to think that I did, she mentioned the expense of it about seven times in two minutes! Count us warned. Chris could converse a little bit (show-off), while I just stood smiling, pretending to understand it all!

4 comments:

Kim said...

How fun. You will have to let me know where that is. We have been thinking about braving it and going camping sometime this summer.

Minwimm said...

Isn't Washington beautiful. Bryant and I loved living there. Great pics.

Melissa said...

I may sound like a native, but I am the worst native you will ever meet-having never myself been to Sol Duc, the Space Needle, or many other of Washington's beauties. I WILL know how to pronounce them, though! :) Glad you had a fun time, we'll have to try it out sometime!

Zach and Shanna said...

It was good to see you guys in Utah! We sure miss you!