Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"So, what do you do?...

Alot of that, 'Did you ever notice?' kind of stuff?"- Seinfeld

Well, here's my mundane observations:

I know that Europeans are well-dressed folk, and always so. But, please tell me what is with the nylons? It's a thousand degrees outside and all the women are in heels, with nylons!

I have decided to get Chris his first European carryall- or murse, man purse. Everyone has one. He's thrilled.

I love the heated floors, but get this- a heated driveway! For real?

I am still trying to figure out how they haven't hopped on the 'ol washer AND dryer bandwagon...

Definitely more to come.

Taxi Ride
Neris River


Gediminas Tower
You know you're home when you've found some fabulous Chinese takeout

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh how I miss you. Now, stop wasting time on the computer and go buy yourself some nice, brown nylons. :) Lithi (as I will forever refer to it) looks beautiful. Very Praugish. Can't wait to come visit. Get a big place - we will all demand sep bedrooms. :) Olivia & Will talk about Lorenzo and Bradley constantly - okay - mostly Lorenzo - but can you blame them? They miss you guys almost as much as I do. I think you are right about 2 years going fast. Just soak up and enjoy every second & keep us updated with your blog, etc. Can't wait to hear about your new digs when you find them. Miss you miss you miss you - did I already mention that?

Melissa said...

Oh Mel! I've just been catching up with you--missed your first couple posts. I don't know why, but I'm surprised by how much fun you look like you're having! :) I would be scared stiff... Are you really coming back here in 2 years??? I sure hope so! Hope your car comes soon and keep your smile on. :)

karen olsen said...

WOW, THIS IS LATE COMONG, YOU PROBABLY WONT SEE IT, BUT I'LL COMMENT ANYHOW. WHAT CUTE PICS. WHERE DID YOU FIND CHINESE FIOOD OVER THERE? SHOULD YOU BE FEEDING IT TO JAMUS? I GUESS YOU'LL HAVE TO LOOK AT CHRYSANNE'S PICS TILL I GET A CAMERA. LATER. LUV YA ALL. GRANNY

Caldwell's said...

Oh yeah, washers & dryers are nice. Nylons? That sounds downright scary. More fun adventures for you guys. Looks like you are doing well.

Ashley Mae said...

I glad you made it safely to your new country, which actually looks quite modern from the pics! GRahm has always wanted a man purse, btw! You're going to have so much fun, and yes, we are coming to visit you!!!! Are you only going to be there 2 years, I thought 3? Also, is Lorenzo going to a Lithuanian scholl, or english speaking? Just curious!!! I'm happy for you guys, and also totally jealous that I can't be there too!!!! Love ya

RuddellFam said...

I am very jealous of your adventures. I've always wanted to live overseas. I'd die without a w & d, especially with 3 kids. Good luck with that! You all look like you're doing well and adjusting well. Your family is so beautiful!