Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What's in a word- take 4

Let me paint a picture... It was the day before our movers came to pack up our house. I was in my pajamas, and of course, braless, when there was a knock on the door. I assumed it was our neighbor, no big deal, she was used to all that! Well, it was my visiting teachers, who I had completely forgotten about. Our house is more than a wreck as we're trying to separate what we're keeping and what we're storing.... and on and on. Now, if you know me at all you know this really didn't bother me too much- it's just life, right! So, they come in and squeeze a seat on the couch full of junk and clothes. Jamus is screaming to eat, the kids are running like elephants with a horses gallop down the hallway... my poor friend is trying to relay a bit of a spiritual message to me through it all, as I'm perched on a little step stool- the only place with room to sit. And, right in the middle of it all Bradly comes running down the hall yelling, "Mom!" I turn to her with the 'you better be dying' look. She continues with, "Mom! Lorenzo just wiped a boogar on the wall!" All I could think was, just add it to the list!

* * * * *

Lorenzo and Bradly were examining their freckles. Brads forgot what they were called for a minute and said:

Mom, look at my sparkles.

* * * * *

6 comments:

Brandi said...

I've SO been there! I wish I could be more like you and not stress about it. Because it is just life! Good luck with everything. I've been thinking about you!

Fara Jean said...

Oh, the life of a mom, the life of a mom.... and it only gets better, I promise!
Love those babies - screams, freckles, boogers, and all - because pretty soon they are off on their own life adventures, and you are left wondering how the heck they could ever survive (safely) without you. But.... they do, and they do it amazingly.
I love you, to heaven and back!
Mom

Kim said...

It seems to me that the 3 days before we moved (when I had boxes to the ceiling, and the house was a certifiable disaster) was about the time that everyone I knew (and even a few people I didn't) suddenly stopped by for a visit. It drove me crazy.

MariePhotographie said...

haha, that's classic! You're good to answer the door when you're braless. I just ignore whoever and pretend we're not home.

PS. Your mom's comment was so cute. Sounds like she's a keeper. :)

Janae Walker said...

that is seriously a great story! ah, good times! i wish it would have been me, it would have been a laugh :)

Caldwell's said...

You make me laugh. Kids always keep it all in perspective, and sometimes it's just so hilarious. Good luck with the move.