Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In some sorta nutshell


















Alas! We are now home and still alive and still preparing for our move to Russia. Our life in a nutshell.

Christmas was fabulous with both families- though we can't wait for my brothers to have children so that we aren't the only two that stay up till a.m. hours playing, but then hafta turn around during same a.m. hours to tend little ones! I think we finally realized how old we now are... it was a very sad realization by the way. Gotta face the music sometime. So, coming home- while always wonderful- just was the final start to our preparation period. Moscow here we come. I recently started having my Russian "preschool" (as the kids call it) with a new teacher. Unfortunately my previous one wasn't of much help, so now I am aware of just how much I don't know, and how much I won't understand once we get there! But, on the flip side, I am NOW learning Russian. Chris just mentioned tonight that he thinks he really needs to learn the language now- as we are getting closer to having to live there. WHAT? He's such a lunatic. Spends hours a day studying, is like a phenomenon at the language school, blah, blah, blah... he's brilliant! He already can speak Russian, don't let him fool ya. We just got called to work in the nursery- a week after Brads moved out of it. Not many callings that can be found for such temporary members- we've repeatedly learned :). But, Chris is way excited as he gets to have snack time during church again! Ah, busy days, lots of laundry, hours of studying, south beach dieting (who's dumb idea was that?), Lorenzo rhyming, Biggest Loser 'Rigby', "tip toe, tip toe," the office back this week, sneaking cheetos while Chris is at basketball, Jamus laughing, eating a few chocolate chips, Guitar Hero songs stuck in your head, buying more ricotta (any south beachers?), being asked to talk on sunday, so definitely sneaking more cheetos, Bradly going from way happy to crazy tantrum in .002 seconds, double passport protection, uh, the beat goes on, uh, the beat goes on...

...in a nutshell.

12 comments:

Stylin' Binder's said...

What is biggest loser Rigby? Your mom's hair is so cute!

MariePhotographie said...

I miss you cute sense of humor and personality! Good luck with the Russia thing. I'll be excited to read all about it!

Kim said...

Look at them, it has not been that long and I swear they have already grown. Well, obviously Jamus, but the other two as well. Miss you guys, hope things are good.

Brandi said...

Oh, I miss the Rigby's! It's good to see pictures of people I haven't seen forever. Sounds like a fun holiday season!

Never tried South Beach. I'm a body for life fan. I am thinking of doing a biggest loser with my family, but I get to weigh in the day before my C-section. :)
Hope you're doing okay!

Karilynn said...

The pics look like so much fun!! You guys are so brave (maybe adventurous) to go somewhere totally new. But braver still to be nursery leaders! ;o)

HeidiPorter said...

WOW! Sounds like so much stinkin' fun! I can't believe how long it has been since we have all gotten together. What is our deal? I guess our family is just crazy! I'm so bummed that we didn't get to see you over the holidays. We better plan something the next time you come anywhere near here. ha ha!

I just wanted to let you know that I really do miss you. I totally remember you being the only girl cousin that wanted to have anything to do with me when I was little. I really appreciate it.

Glad the holidays were awesome! Tell your family hi!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mel, It's so fun to see the Christmas pictures posted. The holidays were so fun with all the family together. Such memories, such wonderful memories. And did I mention what cute little ones you have? Oh, those would be my grand children! Yep, they would.... Oh, how I love 'em. Kiss em up for me and whisper in their ears just how much "dramme" loves them.
Love you to heaven and back..., Mom

Grahm and Ashley said...

hey, we wish we lived near you guys!! You're so much fun!! Don't worry Mel, I just got asked to speak in church too, I don't know what I'm gonna do with the kids since GRahm's gone! Anyways, I'm so happy for you guys ( and envious!!)Admittedly, I so wish I was going on such a cool adventure in Russia!, but I guess the FBI will do! j/k. But, at least I finally have someone to visit and show me and Grahm the sites in Russia, we're definanlty NOT bringing children!!Love you

josh said...

We too can't wait for you to get to russia! Your children are sooo stinkin cute, see you In Moscow
Nikki and Josh

broken face and contrite spirit said...

AWEEEE...BSORGO, I remember him well he right now is little mousey ... ok, sorry!! I do like to think that the little guy is in mousey heaven but the reality of it is I do believe that after living with me and after the name I chose to give him he probally ended up in some sort of rat version of that bad place.

I will say that I did get him after moving out of the house and he was a starter animal for bigger better and hairy!!
did I say that I missed him? Cause you did bring back some wonderful memories. You Kelly and Thad sitting around and writing the Burger King wrap? do you remember that?

I love ya bert!!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your updates. It seems as though you have been such a busy family it makes us look dull!! I really hope we will be able to see you before the BIG MOVE. KIT. Love ya,
Alyson

Caldwell's said...

Your family is so cute. What an exciting life you guys lead. I love the background on the picture with you and your siblings Mel. That is gorgeous, don't know where it is though. Good luck with the Russian.