Thursday, November 6, 2008

Birthday Boy

You had a birthday, shout hooray! Can you believe that Lorenzo is 5! We can't... but, there it is- five years old. What a sweet little joy to have around. He is definitely growing up and starting to take on the 'big brother role'. Taking care of Bradly and Jamus are top priorities for him lately- Bradly can't seem to do anything without him. I love it. I love having a mokey jumping around the house. I love tripping over the millions of balls that cover our floor. I love having my boy.

Lorenzo has been planning his bowling birthday party since he went to his little friend Kaela's party. Like a year ago! So, of course, we had to make some bowling pin cupcakes to go with the day. All pins and one ball for his pre-k class, and then all bowling balls and one pin for the actual bowling party...




















9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you continue to amaze me.... i am soooooo impressed with what an incredible mom you are.... you go, girl.....
love, dramme

broken face and contrite spirit said...

i loved the bowling ball party and am gonna ask mom if she will do the cupcakes for me at my birthday this year...
You are amazing bert!! unless Chris made em then i think he is amazing!!
How you guys doing by the way?
I love ya.... read the comment on the blog entry right before this... i think you guys will get a kick out of it.
Mandirae

The Owen Family said...

Happy Birthday Lorenzo! Yesterday Trae was telling me everyone that he is going to invite to his party and your kids were on the list, it was so cute!! Very cute cupcakes..

Celeste said...

I am amazed by your creativity! If you know anything about the colors of personality, you are definately yellow! please do share-how i you make pins? arling pics!

goofy7 said...

I love the pictures! How did you make the cupcakes because I want to make some of those! You'll have to let me in on your secrets or the book you found them it! I love it! We miss you all and Kaela wishes she could have been there with you all...we all do. Miss you and I'll see you in Russia girl!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Lorenzo! We sure miss you guys...

Minwimm said...

Ok, how did you do the bowling pins? That is so clever. I want to know. Either email me or write a really long comment on my blog so I can try them out!!

Zach and Shanna said...

You put us all to shame, Mel. I don't know how you do it!

Grahm and Ashley said...

We are, how you say, impressed with the bowling ball pics and the rosetta experience.....splaceba. We're excited for you guys to go to russia. We will come visit, just keep the vodka cold and ready. Here is a list of the things we expect to do in russia:
1. adopt a white kid (since you can't get a good one here)
2. get in a verbal conflict with a georgian
3. pick a potato out of the ground
4. buy and wear a huge fur hat
5. sing the tetris theme song the entire time we tour the red square
6. do that dance where you squat and then kick your feet out
7. watch and sing peter and the wolf and pretend like we know the plight of russian children everywhere
8. get in a drunken brawl where we are sober and they are not
9. how you say, mail order brides
10. top the trip off with a movie marathon consisting of (in this order) Rocky (the one with the russian), james bond- from russia with love, red dawn, bourne supremacy, the saint, war games, ...you get the point....splaceba or is it preedyet?