Thursday, December 4, 2008

Rosetta never lies

As most of you know we are moving to Russia in a few months. Upon preparing for this extremely crazy adventure we purchased the Rosetta Stone to help us with the language. We've been doing it for about eight months now. The other night Chris was working on it (on his new Mac) and across the room I could hear him repeating the same word over and over and over... If you know Rosetta at all than you know that it has you repeat until it hears you say it right. I had this same thing happen to me months ago, and just couldn't hit the pronunciation. Anyway, we've just come to face the fact that Chris will never be able to say the number twenty, and I will never be able to order a sandwich!

8 comments:

Caldwell's said...

I can't you're going to live in Russia. That is incredible. What a cool opportunity. I'm sure the language will come easier once you're there. Neat that the kids will learn too.

MariePhotographie said...

So, how have you liked the Rosetta Stone? That's awesome that you guys are getting a headstart on the language!

mandirae said...

OH NO BERT!! WHAT WILL YOU DO IN RUSSIA WHEN YOU HAVE TO ORDER 20 SANDWICHES FOR A DINNER PARTY... YOU CAN SAY CHOCOLATE AND ICE CREAM RIGHT? YOU SHOULD BE OK... ESPECIALLY IF YOU CAN ORDER BREAD LUNCH MEAT AND CHEESE... MIGHT TAKE YOU LONGER BUT HEY!! I LOVE YOU GUYS! ME

Karilynn said...

I was reading this blog to my boys and my 8 year old son had an epiphany... he concluded that HE can speak Russian... all you have to do is blend all your words together and talk as fast as you can... then you are "rushin"! I swear he gets his wit from his mother! ;o)

Zach and Shanna said...

Wow. Crazy. Good luck with the Russian....I never got past my Russian 2 class....

Will you guys send me your address pretty please??

Janae Walker said...

there are just some things you can't do! but, at least you will be able to say 20 and chris can order you a sandwich :)

Celeste said...

Crazy! Are you excited? Nervous? Sounds like an adventure, wheather you can say 20 or not. Hey- I need your address. You can just email me

Hollee J said...

I saw a commercial for the Rosetta Stone last night on tv and it made me think of you guys, haha how funny!!!